Thursday, October 31, 2013

Lovely as a tree - DSC#059

 


The beautiful colors of Fall! I love how colorful this season is, I just do not like what comes after that! Nonetheless, I grew up not knowing or seeing trees shedding their leaves, unless the tree was sick and in a dying process. When I first come to this country it was April. I quickly got into a despair mode as all the trees around me were "dead". My husband tried to explain it all to me, but I simply could not believe what he was saying. Soon, I learned he was right. Thankfully!
So, today's challenge, from Dawn Olchefske, allows me to use some of the beautiful colors of fall, as well as the beautiful Lovely as a tree stamp set. The challenge was to capture any, or all, the elements of the photo above and put that into a project - a card, a scrapbook page, a package, etc. I chose to work with the colors, as they were the perfect inspiration to me. I knew that adding a touch of Early espresso  embossing powder would be a perfect way to finish off this card.


I hope you enjoy today's card. I will soon be back for more.

Until then,

Miriam, Stampin' with you.
www.mbollinger.stampinup.net

Recipe:

Paper:
Sweather weater DSP
Chocolate Chip card stock
Sahara sand card stock
Naturals white

Stamps:
Lovely as a tree
Seasonal Sayings 

Ink:
Cajun Craze
Pumpkin Pie

Accessories:
Early Espresso Embossing powder
Heat tool
Vintage faceted designer buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Shopping with Miriam.