Saturday, November 16, 2013

A blanket Drive

I was born and raised in Brazil. Coming from Brazil to live in Wisconsin is a rather harsh way to adapt to extreme change. I, for one, am always cold and winters are way too long for me. However, I have plenty to be thankful for as I have a house to shelter me and my family from the brutal cold. We know that not all people share this same fortune. So a friend of mine, put together a Blanket drive and the Brazilians went on to collect blankets to donate to the homeless and local shelters. She also asked if I could put together a card to be given to the shelter. So, here is the card I made. I used the Postage stamp punch to cut all the pieces of the "quilt". After I have them all in place, I ran the finished piece through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Texture Folder to give just that quilt touch. I used the MDS software to print the sentiment and cut it with the Labels Collection Famelit. I hope that the recipients of the blankets can find some comfort on the warmth of my friend's heart and on the donated blankets. I also wish that they never loose hope. Let's us all be thankful for all the blessings in our lives.

Happy Stamping,

Miriam Castanho Bollinger





Ingredients:

Paper:
Sweater Weather DSP
Chocolate Chip Card Stock
Marina Mist Card Stock

Accessories:
Label Collections Framelit
Postage Stamp Punch
Square Lattice Texture Embossing Folder
Big Shot
My Digital Studio
3/4" Chevron Ribbon


Shop with Miriam 
Holiday Tag it Box Bundles
Clearance Rack deals!
Check out all Stampin' Up! Specials & New Arrival

You'll find My Digital Products & Support here:
All Digital Downloads
MDS Free 30-day Trial Version
MDS Software - $19.95
MDS Support
Shop Weekly MDS Digital Download

1 comment:

Thank you for Shopping with Miriam.